TITLE: Architectural Intern
OBJECTIVE: To assist Project Manager in serving Clients needs during the various stages of a Project from Schematic Design to Construction Administration.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Application/Schematic Design Services – Work with Project Manager to develop a preliminary Schematic Design packet (Site Plan, Unit Plans, Building Plans, Exterior Elevations, Accessory Buildings, etc.)
- Assist Project Manager in developing design of units and buildings in accordance with direction provided by Owner/Client and known applicable codes and standards.
- Design Services – Collect, organize, and incorporate Owner/Client project scope.
- Research requirements associated with the funding agency, local municipality, and Green Building commitments and incorporate into design
- Contract Document Services – Provide organized, detailed information to Drafting Technicians, coordinating all aspects/details of the working drawings and the specifications. Provide plan review for building code, accessibility compliance, and design accuracy.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and QC for a “Quality-Control” review of Contract Document (including all Consultant’s drawings). Maintain schedule and meet deadlines.
- City Coordination Services – Coordinate submission of Contract Documents to Municipality for formal plan review/permitting
- Confirm submission protocol specific to Municipality and coordinate through Building Permit issuance.
- Consultant Services – Collect and organize information received from consultants, keep Project Manager apprised of consultant deadlines, reviewing work prepared by consultants, and incorporating said work into the Contract Documents.
- Assist Project Manager in administering initial coordination meetings according to schedule.
- Bidding Negotiation/Contract Award Services – Assist the Project Manager in the administration of the construction documents.
- Prepare addenda and related documentation (revised plans and specifications) to document clarifications, additions or deletions. Coordinate with Project Manager and QC prior to completion.
- Construction Administration Services – Assist the Project Manager in the administration of the Construction Activity and related aspects.
- Assist Project Manager in conducting Pre-Construction Conferences, Site Observation Visits, Pay Application Meetings, Punchlist Walk Throughs of completed work, Final Inspections, and/or Warranty Inspections.
- Develop RFI Responses, ASIs, process Shop drawings, Meeting Minutes, Field Reports and other necessary documents for review by Project Manager or CPO. Coordinate with Administrative Assistant for proper distribution of necessary documents to Development Team and involved agencies, as required by Owner/Client.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Architectural license or on-track for licensure
- 3+ years of experience in the design of wood framed, multifamily housing
- A desire to work in a fast-paced design/production environment
If interested in this position, please submit a resume using the form on the Careers page.