TITLE: Construction Analyst
OBJECTIVE: To provide site observations and reports ensuring quality projects for clients that are consistent with the Construction Documents and applicable Codes.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
Site Observations – travel approximately 3 days per week and may require overnight stay
- Attend Preconstruction conference, site observation meetings, Punch Lists and warranty Post Construction observation meetings (as applicable) to confirm general compliance with Plans and Specs.
- Identify and report any construction practices not in compliance with Plans and Specifications, accessibility and general quality construction practices.
- Consulting with State Housing agency, GC Project Supervisors and Owner reps.
- Complete standard Field report with photos and detailed descriptions of work observed in accordance with the Field Report SOP.
- Review /execute Pay Applications for general conformance with actual progress and coordinate with Wallace Assist Team and Accounting as required.
- Plan review for general understanding of project objectives and familiarity with each project to be visited.
- Coordinate with PM/PC for RFI’s that come up during site observation visits.
- Maintain and organize electronic files including Plans, Specs, pay requests and monthly reports.
Physical Condition/Capital Needs Assessments
- Perform Site visits to gather information about existing project conditions in accordance with the PNA/CNA SOP.
- Use prior experience and Fannie may EUL (estimated useful life) tables to determine the EUL of all Building systems.
- Determine cost of project repairs and replacements over the term of the loan.
- Provide written reports following Fannie Mae Physical Needs Assessment guidelines, Rural Development Capital Needs Assessment guidelines or other guidelines provided by state agencies providing funding for multifamily rehabilitation projects in accordance with the PNA/CNA SOP.
- Complete personal timesheet entries on a daily/weekly basis
- Attend weekly Project Status Report Meetings to review production schedules/goals.
- Attend quarterly PM/PC meetings
- Position will be supported by administrative staff for the process of assembling and distributing reports.
- Be accountable for minimizing unnecessary expenditures. Track company credit card expenses with the Accounting Department – turn in coded receipts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the admin team is aware of necessary maintenance required for the designated company vehicle(s).
- Complete annual JPR reviews.
- Experience and understanding of Accessibility regulations that apply to multifamily developments, including UFAS (Section 504), Fair Housing, ANSI , ADA, IBC and IRC, at community spaces.
- General good practices knowledge of low rise, stick framed construction
- Travel may extend into multiple States where Wallace has projects under construction. Generally, driving travel is organized in the most efficient way possible, and regionally for the Wallace Team members we have available to attend site visits. Some air travel and some overnight travel may be required.
- Laptop computer and cell phone will be provided by Wallace. Company vehicle will be provided by Wallace at the discretion of the company based upon expected annual miles traveled.
If interested in this position, please submit a resume using the form on the Careers page.