TITLE: Drafting Technician
OBJECTIVE: A Wallace Architects’ Drafting Technicians assist and support Drafting Team Leaders to provide top quality Architectural Drawing services to our clients.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Attend daily, 8:30am (Mon-Fri) Drafter Meeting to align project priorities for Drafting Technicians and Drafting Teams for the day
- Generate marketing style Application Drawings, using Revit, as directed by the Drafting Team Lead for my Team
- Generate accurate Renovation or New Construction, Construction Drawings, using Revit, as directed by the Drafting Team Leader
- Assist other office personnel in tasks that relate to drafting services when requested and approved by my Drafting Team Leader
- Attend monthly Drafters meeting (typically the 3rd Wednesday of each month)
- Plot/print Drawings and create drawing PDFs as required
- Provide Drawing file management, including the ability to zip up Construction Drawings and properly file them, throughout the various phases of a Project Drawing development
- Fill out timesheets daily through Ajera and submit on Friday
- Attend Team Meetings for my Team’s projects when requested by the Drafting Team Leader
- Structured 2yr technical Drafting Degree and/or advanced Revit Drafting software training in another formal setting
- Demonstrates a minimum intermediate level proficiency of the BIM standards consistent with standard Revit best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office standard software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
- Enjoy learning new items to increase your skills, efficiency and production quality and speed
- Ability to collaborate with others in a team environment while supporting Management, staff personnel and our clients
- Organize and prioritize projects according to deadlines
- Lead and/or participate in meeting(s)
- Ensure the confidentially and security of files and filing systems
If interested in this position, please submit a resume using the form on the careers page.