TITLE: MEP Engineer
OBJECTIVE: To assist staff and clients as necessary to provide top quality MEP engineering services.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Lead Engineer – Manage multiple projects as lead engineer, perform quality control and reviews of project designs by other in the office.
- Consultation Services for Clients – Attend project meetings with Project Manager and client as required.
- City Coordination Services – Coordinate utility company service requirements. Perform code research as applicable to each project. Manage and secure all municipal and agency documentation for temporary certificates of information and system operation.
- Design Services – Coordinate design requirements with internal staff as well as other project team members. Prepare scope of work documents. Partner with Project Manager and Superintendent to resolve conflicts between the mechanical and electrical systems with the site logistics plan and in compliance with the project schedule.
- Construction Document Services – Coordinate/Manage resources within the office to complete project tasks on schedule within budget. Create diagrams, estimated electrical service size and load calculations, and design narrative for schematic design phase of projects. Write and edit project construction specifications. Perform NEC demand/load calculations, short circuit calculations, short circuit calculations, and voltage drop calculations. Write and edit project construction specifications. Perform power, lighting, and lighting controls design tasks as needed. Review O&M manuals, shop drawings, and equipment submittals. Prepare project budgets. Evaluate and manage the processing of RFI’s.
- Construction Administration Services – Perform site observations and punch lists on a limited basis only when required, write progress reports, and perform invoice review, working with Project Manager, Project Coordinator, and Administrative Assistant.
- Design Follow-Up – Conduct review of construction documents with Project Manager, Client and/or Contractors following project completion, then follow up with Project Coordinator and other Team members.
- Training – Management, building and accessibility codes, and industry related topics (technology, products, means and methods of construction, etc.).
- Attend weekly Project Status Report and project team meetings
- Be accountable for minimizing unnecessary expenditures, supporting company growth projected in strategic plans, and utilizing available resources to maximize company earnings and profits.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess one or more of the following:
- REVIT drafting experience (preferred, not mandatory)
- PE license desired and/or expected at a later date
- Experience with Master Spec CSI format
- SKM and AGI software knowledge desired
- Driven self-starter – Potential opportunity for part ownership of a future MEP division of the firm for the right candidates looking to help grow this division of the firm.
If interested in this position, please submit a resume using the form on the Careers page.