TITLE: Construction Analyst – Full-time position located in the San Antonio, TX area.
OBJECTIVE: To represent Wallace Architects at on site meetings, coordinating the documentation/resolution of issues with Project Managers/Coordinators.
- Site Observations – travel approximately 3 days per week and may require overnight stay
- On-site observations and reporting for compliance with plans and specs.
- Identify and report any construction practices not in compliance with plans and specifications, accessibility and general quality construction practices.
- Consulting with State Agencies, Project Supervisors, and Owner’s Representatives.
- Review Pay Applications to assure work-in-place aligns with invoiced amounts.
- Plan review for general understanding of project objective.
- Maintain and organize electronic files including plans, specs, pay requests and monthly reports.
- Physical Condition/Needs Assessments
- Site visit
- Use prior experience and Fannie may EUL tables to determine the estimated useful life of all building systems.
- Determine cost of project repairs and replacements over the term of the loan.
- Provide written reports following Fannie Mae Physical Needs Assessment guidelines, Rural Development Capital Needs Assessment guidelines or other guidelines provided by state agencies providing funding for multifamily rehabilitation projects.
- Attend office meetings via Microsoft Teams as required by Project Managers and weekly Conference Call.
- Communicate directly with Project Managers/Project Coordinators to address any field issues requiring design revisions/clarifications. Assist with final review of subsequent RFI/ASI prior to formal issuance.
- Have experience working with accessibility codes applicable to multifamily developments including UFAS, Fair Housing, ANSI, and ADA. Include observations of non-compliant conditions in reports.
- Travel (air and/or vehicular) may extend beyond state lines.
- Computer and cell phone will be provided.
- Position will be supported by administrative staff for the process of assembling and distributing reports.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess one or more of the following:
- Prior experience in the design and/or construction of wood framed, multifamily housing.
- Architectural License
- ICC Commercial and Residential Inspector Certification
- Previous experience as Municipal Building Inspector
If interested in this position, please submit a resume using the form on the Careers page.