TITLE: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Zac Wallace, Mike Kleffner, or Randy Porter (Managers)
OBJECTIVE: To assist staff and clients as necessary to provide top quality architectural services.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Public Relations – Seek and/or select potential jobs/clients that fit within the profile of work/clients that Wallace Architects L.L.C. wishes to pursue.
- Consultation Services for Clients – Help Client in site selection, funding sources, etc.
- City Coordination Services – Assist Client with rezoning, platting, etc.; provide design compliance with building codes, zoning and ordinances; follow through with City on plan review and approval, and issuance of building permit(s) and occupancy permit(s).
- Application/Preliminary Services – Coordinate preparation of site and building plan schematics with Project Coordinator, Chief Production Officer, and Administrative Assistant; prepare preliminary cost estimates if required.
- Design Services – Meet with Client and City as necessary, compiling data and completing project checklists with all pertinent information. Incorporate Client’s requests and program/funding requirements into updated design with Project Coordinator, Chief Production Officer, and Administrative Assistant. Set design parameters for the project.
- Consultant Services – Obtain consultants as necessary, coordinating meetings and schedules, and maintaining correspondence.
- Work with Owners/Developers and CFO in preparation of architectural contracts.
- Construction Document Services – Coordinate preparation of the working drawings and specifications with the Client and Project Coordinator, working with the funding agency and City, as required.
- Bidding/Negotiation/Contract Award Services – Put construction drawings out for bid/negotiation (as applicable) and assist Client with bid opening and award.
- Construction Administration Services – Conduct Preconstruction conference, site observations, punchlist and final inspections, and warranty inspections (as applicable); handle pay request site visits and paper work; issue change orders, ASI forms, field reports and other necessary documents, working with Project Coordinator and Administrative Assistant.
- Design Follow-Up – Conduct review of construction documents with Client and/or Contractors following project completion, then follow up with Project Coordinator and other Team members.
- Interact with Team to ensure the foregoing is achieved.
- Training – Management, building and accessibility codes, and industry related topics (technology, products, means and methods of construction, etc.).
- Attend weekly Project Manager Meetings with COO to review incomes, A/R schedules, production, and other issues relating to project management.
- Be accountable for minimizing unnecessary expenditures, supporting company growth projected in strategic plans, and utilizing available resources to maximize company earnings and profits.
- Responsible for ensuring designated company vehicle is routinely maintained.
If interested in this position, please submit a resume using the form on the Careers page.