TITLE: Quality Control Reviewer
OBJECTIVE: To assist staff to provide top quality architectural services.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Conduct final overall plan/spec review following Project Coordinator reviews/red-lining and drafting/typing revisions. Must have knowledge of applicable Building Code requirements, local jurisdiction, ADA, Fair Housing, and UFAS requirements (if federally funded). Key focus areas prioritized for QC Team;
- Accessibility compliance
- Fire suppression and/or fire separation
- Constructability with cost consciousness
- General Construction Document Coordination
- Conduct final quality control review of Architect certifications, Field Reports/SOR’s/WIPS, ASI items, Addenda items, Response letters, or other project items prior to administration to clients or other project contacts as prepared by Project Managers (PM), Project Coordinators (PC), or Administrative Assistants.
- Meet with PMs and PCs, as needed for production status updates and to provide code related project feedback along the process of construction document production.
- Interact with Team to ensure the foregoing is achieved. Utilize strong graphic, verbal, and interpersonal skill as necessary to effectively communicate with team members with varying skill levels.
- Training requirements – As appropriate and as agreed upon with supervisor to maintain working knowledge of codes and regulations; participate in continuing education as required.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM with one hour for lunch. 40 Hours per week and overtime may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will possess one or more of the following:
- 5+ years of experience with wood-framed multi-family housing; either in an architectural, plan review, or construction project management capacity
- Architectural license or on-track for licensure
- ICC Commercial and Residential Certifications